How To Transfer UK Pensions To A QROPS

What is a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS)? As its full-length name suggests, this is a pension plan which is based outside the UK. It is recognised by HMRC as being eligible to receive transfers from registered UK pension funds. A QROPS might benefit you if you are planning to retire overseas or become a resident in another country for five years or more.

If you’re not sure whether or not a QROPS would benefit you, or you want to know how to transfer a UK pension to a QROPS, then seek professional advice. It all depends on your individual circumstances and a financial advisor will be able to offer advice based on your circumstances and objectives.

How can we help you at Montfort? We’ll look at the pensions you hold. If you’re planning to move overseas we will help you to restructure your pensions accordingly. We will assess whether you can take advantage of any tax planning benefits available through a QROPS and show you how to transfer your UK pensions.

Seek the best financial advice to ensure protection of your investments.

Please click here to read our previous article.